Garageband for PC – Download (2020 – Latest Guide)
Are you also struggling to get GarageBand for windows? Being a PC user myself, I feel the frustration behind not getting so many software on Windows devices, like Garageband. I have such a curated beast as my PC device and I don’t want to give it up for an iMac!
So, after months of frustration and weeks of research and hits and trials, I got around this issue and figured out how to download Garageband for PC? For real, I have it on my PC and I am using it with no delays. In this article I will share the ways to download GarageBand for Windows in 2020.
You can think of GarageBand to be a complete music creation studio which comes equipped with percussion, synths and orchestral instruments as well as an intuitive keyboard. The user-friendly interface of this software helps users who wish to learn, record, play and even create professional grade sounds.
The audio creations can even be shared with a global audience through a single click for drawing in more enthusiasm. This digital audio workstation is meant for both iOS and macOS devices which helps in creating podcasts and music. GarageBand is a part of the iLife software suit and helps out drastically in the creation of multiple tracks using pre-made loops, pre-made MIDI keyboards, voice recordings and other instrumental effects.
Features Of GarageBand
- Users can both record and play multiple audio tracks using this music sequencer.
- Built-in audio filters allow users in applying different effects such as echo, distortion, reverb etc.
- It can record at 24 and 16-bit Audio Resolution for greater versatility.
- In-built tuning system helps out with effective imitation of Auto Tune effect and pitch correction.
- Large collection of software modelled synthesizers helps with the creation of original compositions and playing live music via the USB MIDI keyboard.
- Synthesizers are divided into analog and digital group both of which are stacked with adjustable parameters in the form of cut off, decay, richness, sustain, standard attack and release.
- Guitar-specific tracks are also allowed by GarageBand using different stomp boxes, simulated amplifiers as well as effects processors to imitate the functioning of popular hardware’s of top companies.
- Users can layer five different simulated effects atop virtual amplifiers featuring adjustable parameters.
- The USB-interface and built-in input helps in hooking up the guitars with the Mac.
- Users can edit a record note’s various aspects such as velocity, pitch and duration by adhering to the MIDI standard.
- GarageBand offers users with the option of downloading pre-recorded music lessons for both guitar and piano.
- GarageBand features a large collection of Apple Loops that can be added to the projects. Users can search for, preview and add the loops to a project by following simple drag and drop mechanism.
System requirements Of Downloading GarageBand for PC-
- Windows laptop or PC running Windows 7 or later versions.
- Minimum RAM capacity of 2GB.
- Intel core processor having 13 chipset although i5 is preferred.
- 2GB of empty space in the hard drive.
How To Download Garageband For PC / Windows Computer?
How to get GarageBand Using Android Emulator Bluestacks?
(Users can gain full access to the complete Android ecosystem coupled with this android emulator. For this, you need to follow the steps mentioned below:)
- Log on to BlueStacks.com for downloading the emulator installer.
- Now install BlueStacks on Windows by running the installer.
- Thirdly, you will have to launch the BlueStacks emulator.
- First time users can sign in using their Google ID.
- After signing into the interface, you need to navigate to the Search button and type in GarageBand.
How to get it VIA Creating a MAC Virtual Machine?
You can run GarageBand on your Windows machine if your PC has adequate resources of running a virtual machine version. For this, you will require a copy of VirtualBox and MacOS Sierra. You will have to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Firstly, you will have to install VirtualBox in your system. This should ideally be done in a drive having adequate free hard disk space.
- Next you will have to download a copy of MacOS Sierra in your computer and extract the contents.
- Thirdly, you will have to open VirtualBox and create the VM by selecting ‘New’ option.
- Guest OS can be set as Apple Mac OS X.
- Users will have to select the ‘Create a virtual disk now’ option after they have allocated adequate memory to the process.
- Next you will have to click on ‘Create.’
- In this step, you need to select the brand new virtual disk and then choose ‘Settings.’
- You will have to check the ‘Use an Existing Virtual Disk’ option by removing the ‘Hard disk.’
- Next you need to select the Sierra.vmdk file by navigating to the Sierra download.
- In this step, users will have to navigate to Documents\Virtual Machines in their Windows Explorer before right clicking on the VMX file.
- At the end of the file, you will have to paste ‘smc.version = “0”’ and save the same.
- Now you need to choose System tab from Settings while making sure that ‘Floppy’ option is not selected.
- The Acceleration Tab needs to be selected in ‘System’ and the box adjacent to Intel VT-x has to be checked.
- Ultimately, you will have to click on OK and initiate loading of the VM by selecting the green Start arrow.
Garageband Alternatives For MAC
Although GarageBand stands out from its peers in terms of efficiency and versatility it is also the most used music composer among the professionals, you can also proceed with its tried and tested alternatives which we have listed down below:
- OHM Studio-
Users can create projects coupled with the highly functional recording tools of OHM Studio in the cloud. This helps in inviting the opinion of fellow musicians for recording tracks to the project irrespective of their location. OHM Studio also supports simultaneous working on files for bringing in more efficiency. All the tracks appear on the timeline and help users with recording MIDI, editing audio and applying desired effects.
- Reason 10 Intro-
This popular music creation platform packs in a magnitude of features which surely comes in as a steal given its affordable price tag. Its USP lies in the rack-style nature of sound modules, synthesizers and other virtual instruments. Each one of them comes with a complete list of sliders and dials which bears an analogue look and feel. Old school users can even run virtual cables by turning the rack around. Intro offers 16 audio tracks, 11 effects, 10 instruments and midi recording.
- Logic Pro X-
This premier music suite is meant for users who are on the lookout for a powerful alternative to GarageBand. Logic Pro X is a professional-level software which comes with high quality virtual instruments, audio tools, synthesisers and an immense library of loops. Users can record a maximum of 255 tracks for each composition and lay down multiple tracks simultaneously. Different effects can also be manipulated and applied to a track which is being played.
- Ableton Live 10-
Ableton Live differs substantially from most of the other applications mentioned in this list which are actually more traditional Digital Audio Workstations (DAW). Ableton music program allows users to both record and arrange its parts on a timeline in a sequential basis. It has a second mode named as Session which helps in creating shorter music clips. Ableton Live 10 is compatible with AIFF, WAV, Ogg Vorbis, MP3 and FLAC formats of audio.
- PreSonus Studio One 4 Prime-
This well thought out DAW has a simple layout which seems very easy on the eye. Its darker palette bears a striking resemblance to GarageBand and also shares a large number of functions. Lack of any popup window further helps out with its operation and makes it ideal for people who are trying it out for the very first time. The PreSonus Studio One 4 Prime is compatible with a wide variety of formats and supports both encoding and decoding of MP3 in all its versions.
Please let us know if you have any other query about the app or installation process!